Sennheiser New Zealand Warranty
When you purchase a Sennheiser product, you have the peace of mind in knowing that our products are ordinarily covered by Sennheiser’s International Warranty. The warranty period begins on the date of purchase of brand new, unused product(s) by the first end user. The Sennheiser International Warranty is provided by Sennheiser New Zealand Limited (“Sennheiser ANZ”), B:HIVE - Smales Farm, 74 Taharoto Road, Takapuna, Auckland 0622
- The benefits given to you in the Sennheiser warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies you have under law.
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Consumer Guarantees Act. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- Subject to 1.2 above and the Terms below, Sennheiser agrees to repair or replace at Sennheiser’s cost, product(s) purchased by an end user in New Zealand from a Sennheiser authorised dealer, when the product does not perform in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications during the warranty term specified on the product packaging or in the user manual.
- If the product covered by the warranty is no longer available in New Zealand, you will be offered a refund or a comparable Sennheiser product as a replacement.
2. Making a Warranty Claim
- To make a warranty claim, the end user may return the goods to the original place of purchase and the warranty claim will be handled by the dealer/retailer.
- Alternatively, the end user can contact Sennheiser ANZ directly, where we will deal with the claim.
- To claim under warranty, the end users must produce a valid proof of purchase. Failure to supply a valid proof of purchase may result in denial of the warranty claim.
- The following are acceptable as proof of purchase:
- Authorised dealers Purchase Receipt (Tax Invoice);
- Credit / Bank card statement (but must show date of purchase); or
- any other sufficient proof of purchase which enables the end user to show that the product was purchased.
Note that the following types of documents, printed or electronic, are not considered valid receipts and therefore cannot be used to determine eligibility for warranty:
- PayPal and/or eBay (or any other auction site) confirmations.
- Bills of landing, Bills of material or any other type of shipping detail document.
- Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods
- If the goods are capable of retaining user-generated data, the repair of the goods may result in loss of the data.
- The end user is responsible for all shipping/handling charges related to returning the product to Sennheiser ANZ or an authorised repair facility. Products must be shipped in their original packaging or otherwise suitably protected to avoid damage during shipping. Sennheiser ANZ will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred during shipment.
- If you are returning products for warranty, repair, or assessment, please first contact Sennheiser ANZ to obtain a return authority and the relevant service centre address to take / send the product to.
- Sennheiser ANZ will ship the product back to the customer after repair/replacement at no expense to the customer via road express through contract couriers. Faster shipping options may also be available at additional cost to the customer. Contact Sennheiser ANZ for details and pricing.
4. Warranty Exclusions
4.1 To the maximum extent permitted by law, and subject to clauses 1.1 and 1.2 above, the warranty does not apply to the following:
- faults due to general wear and tear due to usage;
- damage or wear & tear which is caused by excessive use, such as the commercial use of domestic equipment;
- faults due to force majeure;
- any accessories supplied with the product (unless otherwise required by law);
- rechargeable and disposable batteries (these products have a shorter service life, the length of which also depends on the frequency of use);
- faults resulting from improper use (e.g. operating errors, mechanical damage, incorrect operating voltage). Proper use for the purposes of this warranty is defined as use of the product under the conditions stated in the instructions for use;
- any modification of product(s) effected by you or a third party;
- any serialised product on which the serial number has been defaced, modified or removed;
- faults of which the purchaser was already aware at the time of purchase;
- defects involving subjective personal likes or judgements;
- software incompatibility or error;
- faults or problems caused by software loading;
- overdriving of speakers;
products purchased at auction, online E-tailer, or from an un-authorised dealer.
5. Contact Information
Country of Purchase
Sennheiser New Zealand Limited
Phone: 09 580 0489